Lesson One • Welcome to Growth Community!
This week we are going to take time to meet everyone in our group. As a Growth Community, we want to see everyone grow together in their walk with Jesus.
- What was the best thing you did all summer?
- If you had to live on an island for three years and only could have one of the following, what would it be?
- An item from your house
- What is your favorite Bible story or verse? Why?
Read Matthew 5:14-16.
- What can we do as a group to invite people who are not coming to Growth Community to start attending?
- What are some activities we can do to make this Growth Community more of a community?
- What can we do to make Growth Community an excellent night each week?
Read Proverbs 27:17.
The best Growth Communities are the ones that grow in their walk with God as a group. Growth Community can become redundant and repetitive if you just show up.
- Do you think participation is important to God?
- What are some ways that we can ensure we get to experience God in our group?
Read Matthew 9:9-13.
- What does it mean to follow Jesus?
- How can people tell that you are following Jesus in your life?
- How did Matthew show that he was following Jesus?
- How do Growth Communities help you follow Jesus?
- What is your goal for your Growth Community this year? How can your Growth Community leaders help you accomplish this goal?
- How and where can your Growth Community serve together?
This year is going to be amazing!